Fees & Passes


Lake Mead National Recreation Area has entrance and lake use fees. Entrance passes can be purchased at the entrance stations. You may also purchase an entrance pass by printing out a mail-in form.

Entrance fees are for entrance into Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Note that not all entrance stations are open year-round. Current locations are:

Boulder Beach, East Lake Mead Blvd., Lake Mead Parkway, Cottonwood Cove, Temple Bar, Northshore Road, Willow Beach, Katherine Landing


Holders of entrance passes will be authorized to enter the park through the far right-hand lane of the entrance station. In order for the vehicle pass (sticker) to be valid it must be attached directly to the vehicle on the lower left (driver's side) area of the windshield. The pass will not be honored if placed in another location on the vehicle or if the pass is not directly affixed to the vehicle.

Pass Mail-in Form: Download your mail-in form (PDF, Acrobat Reader required)

Lake Use and Entrance Fees

Vehicle or Motorcycle
*Yearly Pass $30 per vehicle (covers all passengers)
*1-7 Days $10 per vehicle (covers all passengers)
*Yearly Pass $30 per vessel
*1-7 Days $16 per vessel
*Yearly Pass $30 per person (hikers, bicycles, etc.)
*1-7 Days $5 per person (hikers, bicycles, etc.)
Senior Federal Lands Pass
Lifetime $10 per person (seniors 62 and older)
Access Federal Lands Pass
Lifetime Free - Medically determined to be permanently disabled
Federal Interagency Pass
1 Year $80 valid for one year from month purchased
America the Beautiful - Park Pass Program

A pass is your ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites. Each pass covers entrance fees at national parks and national wildlife refuges as well as standard amenity fees at national forests and grasslands, and at lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Reclamation. A pass covers entrance and standard amenity fees for a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle at per vehicle fee areas (or up to four adults at sites that charge per person). Children age 15 or under are admitted free.

For Pass Program Definitions and more detailed information, please visit This Page for more information.

America the Beautiful - Annual Pass

- $80 Annual Pass. Good for one year from date of sale
- Available to everyone
- Admits passholder + 3 Adults. Children under 16 admitted free

Purchase the pass at Lake Mead NRA, calling 1-888-ASK-USGS, Ext. 1, or Online.
America the Beautiful - U.S. Military Pass
- Free
- Available to U.S. military members and dependents in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard and also Reserve and National Guard members.
- Admits passholder + 3 Adults. Children under 16 admitted free

Purchase the pass at Lake Mead NRA by showing a Common Access Card (CAC) or Military ID (Form 1173)

America the Beautiful - Senior Pass

- $10 Annual Pass. Good for lifetime
- Available for seniors 62 years old and over
- Admits passholder + 3 Adults. Children under 16 admitted free
- May provide a 50% discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and specialized interpretive services. Only the passholder can receive the discount.

Purchase the pass at Lake Mead NRA only.

America the Beautiful - Access Pass

- Free
- Available for U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities.
- May provide a 50% discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and specialized interpretive services. Only the passholder can receive the discount.

Purchase the pass at Lake Mead NRA only or through the mail ($10 processing fee) using this application form. Applicants must provide documentation of permanent disability and residency or citizenship.

America the Beautiful - Volunteer Pass

- Free
- For volunteers with 250 service hours with federal agencies that participate in the interagency Pass Program.

Contact us at Lake Mead NRA for more information about volunteer opportunities or visit Volunteer.gov

Fishing & Hunting License Fees


Hunting and fishing is regulated by each state located within the Lake Mead National Recreation Area.

To fish within the states of Nevada or Arizona, you must carry with you a valid fishing license. If your license is for Arizona, and you plan to fish from a boat or other craft on lakes Mead and Mohave, or on the shoreline of Nevada, then you must have a "use stamp" from Nevada (and vice-versa).

For more detailed informaiton about fishing license and information please visit our Fishing Page.

For more detailed information about a hunting license please visit our Hunting Page.

Campground Fees


Campground fees are $10 per site ($5 with the Interagency Senior and Access passes) and are payable immediately upon occupying a campsite. Fees are posted at the entrance to the campground. Sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis. There are no reservations. Check-out time is noon.

Group campsites (30 person maximum per site) are located at the Boulder Campground. Camping fees are posted at the campground kiosk. Reservations are required. Please call (702) 293-8906, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. The group campground is for tent camping only with limited vehicle parking. Group campground accommodations include a common area restroom, picnic tables, firepit and limited shaded areas.

For more information about camping please visit our Camping Page.

Boating and Watercraft Fees

Boaters can purchase a yearly pass for $30 for their vessel or $16 for a 1 to 7 day pass.

In addition some watercraft are required to purchase an Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) decal for their craft, which is NOT AVAILABLE at the park. You must purchase prior to arrival through the Nevada Department of Wildlife (NDOW). This is a requirement regardless of whether you launch from Nevada or Arizona. Watercraft registered in Arizona are exempt for the decal requirement within the Lake Mead NRA. All non-registered vessels must display an AIS decal.

To find out if your vessel requires an AIS decal check these informative graphics - Needs a Sticker - Does Not Need a Sticker.

To purchase this decal please visit the NDOW website at www.ndowlicensing.com (service fees apply) OR Toll Free at (866) 703-4605 (service fee applies)

NDOW Office Locations

- Las Vegas: 4747 Vegas Drive, (702) 486-5127
- Henderson: 744 South Racetrack Road, (702) 486-6742
- Ely: 1218 North Alpha St., (775) 289-1655 Ext. 21
- Reno: 1100 Valley Road, (775) 688-1500
- Elko: 60 Youth Center Road, (775) 777-2300
- Winnemucca: 815 E. 4th St., (775) 623-6565
- Fallon: 380 West B St., (775) 423-3171

Park Concessioners


While in the park our official concessionaires offer additional opportunities and services for additional fees and costs. Please visit our Directory of Concessionaires page to view our current park concessionaires which has contact and services information.

Did You Know?